What services do you provide for your customers after the work has finished?
What is your hourly rate?
How many projects does CharlesWorks average in a year?
Can you make my website look good on my smart phone?
Are contracts required for web work?
How much is your web hosting?
How much are domain names?
What is privacy and do I need it for my domain?
Can you provide privacy for my domain?
How long will it take for you to finish my website?
What types of websites are the most common?
What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Can you guarantee my website being number 1 in Google?
Although we specialize in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), no one can make good on such a guarantee. From a practical standpoint, ask yourself whether everyone can possibly be number one. We get exceptionally good results over time to develop long lasting high results in searches, and have been doing so for many, many years -since June of 1998. Please click HERE where we have more material about our search engine optimization (SEO) process.
What questions should a potential web client ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Before having a web developer create your website, you would want to know things like:
- How long has the web developer been in business? This can be a measure of stability and reliability in the field. You want to know the web developer will continue to be available when you need them. CharlesWorks has been around for 20 years (since 1998).
- How committed is the web developer to the field of web development? You might want to know that the web developer is committed to working on web projects full time; that your web presence isn’t a part-time endeavor. At CharlesWorks, web development is what we are committed to totally. We operate full time and are not a one man show. Web development is all we do which is why we do it well.
- Do you have samples of your work to show? CharlesWorks has a portfolio of a sample of our work.
How much does the web developer typically charge for labor? Labor should be a fixed hourly rate you can expect to be billed at as opposed to a padded amount to ensure the developer is covered. CharlesWorks charges an hourly rate billable by the minute. This means if a task for you takes us 17 minutes to complete you are charged just 17 minutes.
- How much does the web developer want up front to start the project? CharlesWorks asks to be paid as we go along and not up front. Our policy is to bill either immediately when performing labor or at the end of each calendar month if that is the clients’ desire.
- Does the web developer charge extra for changes done for the site? CharlesWorks only charges its hourly rate by the minute for changes, which keeps the ongoing maintenance at a minimum. Again, CharlesWorks charges an hourly rate prorated by the minute. This means if a task for you takes us 17 minutes to complete you are charged just 17 minutes.
- Can the web developer meet all of my website needs? CharlesWorks is positioned to put any standard website or content management system in place that you might need. If CharlesWorks can’t do it, then in all probability you don’t really need it. This includes websites in content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, to name but a few of the hundreds of types of sites out there. However, the priority at CharlesWorks is to code your website in a manner that it is not locked to us. Many developers lock you in. When you discover that ongoing service is poor or nonexistent you realize you are trapped with that developer. We’re glad to explain your options.
What brands or hosting products do you work with?
CharlesWorks is a registered trademark and is our own brand. We manage our own servers so have unfettered access to them so we can provide our clients with exceptional service. We also have backup systems located in geographically different locations.
What would you recommend for potential clients desiring to save money?
What information does CharlesWorks recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in the web development field?
What would CharlesWorks want you to know about the web development field?
Is CharlesWorks able to do automatic billing and when does that happen?
Should I be concerned that my competitors are with CharlesWorks?
No, as we are here to provide a service and do not engage in politics or favoritism amongst our clients at CharlesWorks. This applies to our business and organizational clients. Just click HERE for more information on this topic.
How can I obtain a W-9 from CharlesWorks LLC to use for tax purposes?
We have a W-9 form online so you can simply view and print it in PDF format for your records. Note that unlike many other IRS forms, the form containing the information needed (business name and employer identification number) does not expire unless one of them changes. Just click HERE to bring it up in your web browser.